The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has approved the registration of Youth Party as a political party following a meeting held on Thursday, 20th July 2023.
How The Youth Party (YP) Was Registered and Deregistered
NewStori reports that the Youth Party (YP) was first registered on 16th August 2018 by virtue of the judgement of the Federal High Court delivered on 16th October 2017 but later deregistered by the Commission.
In a press statement, the Commission noted that it has recognised the Youth Party (YP) as the 19th Political Party in Nigeria with all the rights and privileges accorded political parties in Nigeria.
About The Youth Party Nigeria
The Youth Party is a new generation political association made up of individuals and groups that seek to serve and unite Nigerians.
The group intend to develop and improve the standard of living of all Nigerians.
List Of The Other 18 Political Parties in Nigeria and Their Acronyms
1. Accord Party A
2. Action Alliance AA
3. African Action Congress AAC
4. African Democratic Congress ADC
5. African Democratic Party ADP
6. All Progressives Congress APC
7. All Progressives Grand Alliance APGA
8. Allied Peoples Movement APM
9. Labour Party LP
10. New Nigeria Peoples Party NNPP
11. National Rescue Movement NRM
12. Peoples Democratic Party PDP
13. Peoples Redemption Party PRP
14. Social Democratic Party SDP
15. Young Progressive Party YPP
16. Zenith Labour Party ZLP
17. Action Peoples Party APP
18. Boot Party BT