The Chairman/Founder of Tony Elumelu Foundation, Tony Elumelu, has denied that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is considering him as the next Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor.
Tony Elumelu’s Response To Being Appointed CBN Governor
Elumelu responded to a tweet on the social media platform, X formerly known as Twitter, which was posted by one Imran Mohammed since 12th June 2023.
Below is Elumelu’s response to the claim by the stunt All Progressives Congress (APC) social media commentator:
LOL. No, please. This is false news! 🙏🏾
LOL. No, please. This is false news! 🙏🏾 https://t.co/s9Exz6sEdf
— Tony O. Elumelu, CFR (@TonyOElumelu) September 1, 2023
Why Elumelu Was Mentioned As Replacement For Suspended Emefiele
List of Businessmen To Accompany Tinubu to India For Presidential Roundtable
In another news, Elumelu is also noted to be among the convoy that will escort President Tinubu to India this September for the presidential round table conference.
The list has notable wealthy men in Nigeria as well as notable persons in the Fintech sector.
The full list are noted below:
- Alhaji Aliko Dangote – Chairman/President. Dangote Group
- Mr. Tony Elumelu — Chairman/Founder, Tony Elumelu Foundation.
- Alhaji Abdul Sama Rabiu — Chairman/Founder, BUA Group
- Mr. Femi Otedola — Chairman/Founder, Femi Otedola Foundation
- Mr. Kola Karim — GMD/CEO. Shoreline Natural Resources
- Hajiya Bola Shagaya — Founder/CEO, Balmus Group International
- Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija. — GMD. The Rose of Sharon Group
- Alhaji Mohammed Indimi — Chairman/CEO, Oriental Energy Resources Ltd
- Sir. Emeka Offor — CEO, Chrome Group
- Chief Razak Akanni Okoya — Director, Eleganza Industrial City Ltd.
- Prince Arthur Eze — CEO. Allas Oranto Petroleum Ltd.
- Mr. Allen Onyeama — CEO, Air Peace
- Mr. Cosmas Maduka —President & Chairman, Coscharis Group Ltd.
- Alhaj Dr. Musbahu Bashir — Althani Group of Companies.
- Mr. Jim Ovia — Chairman, Zenith Bank Plc
- Dr. Oritsedere Otubu — Chairman, EKEDC
- Mr. Adewale Tinubu — CEO, Oando
- Mr. Gbenga Agboola — CEO Flutterwave (Fin Tech)
- Olamide Diekold Aina — Venture Platform (Fin Tech)
- Mitchell Elegbe — CEO. Interswitch (Fin Tech)
- TIdris Bamidele Saliu — Ceviant Finance (Tech)
The Nigeria-India Presidential Round Table and Conference is organized by the High Commission in collaborator with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CIlI) and the Nigeria-India Business and is scheduled for September 4th in New Delhi, India.